We may collect your information in connection with your registration, use, or purchase on or about our websites. We are the data controller for this information.
We may use your information to provide services, respond to and fulfill your requests, and operate our Service, comply with applicable law, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We maintain commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information.
Our websites and Service may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by dСalls.
You will be notified about any material changes to this Policy via a posting on our web app and website, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us.
Residents of certain countries may have additional rights.
This policy covers how dСalls treats personal information that dСalls collects and receives, including via all related websites, networks, and web applications, and other services provided by us and on which a link to this Policy is displayed (collectively, our “Service”). This includes information related to your past use of dСalls products and services, and information about you that is personally identifiable-such as your crypto address that you use during registration.
We generally act as the data controller of your information, We collect the following types of information.
- Information You Provide. When you register for or use the Service, dcalls.org collects what is generally called “personally identifiable information," “personal information,” or “personal data.” All these terms refer to information that specifically relates to or identifies a particular individual. Personal information also includes information that when linked to other information identifies a specific individual. When you register, we ask for a limited amount of personal information, including but not limited to, your crypto address. When you sign into our Service, you are anonymous to us.
- “Cookies" Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Consult your device's web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
We collect and process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest; and Your consent.
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (i) personalize our Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate website and web app usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We DO NOT sell customer information. We share or disclose customer information only as described below. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers that provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, data transmission, data processing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. However, we limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. In addition, they agree by contract to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) to monitor network traffic or activity in order to detect protect you, ourselves or others from malware, fraud, unlawful uses or other illegal activity, (ii) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or functionality available through the Service.
- We may share information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties. We will do this on the basis of your consent, where required by law, and if not required by law on the basis of our legitimate interests in sharing data with our partners so that we can help you see offers and services which are most relevant to you. To learn more about your choices related to how we share your information with third parties, please see the Your Choices section below.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service or any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
If you hold an account with dCalls, we do not delete the data in your account – you are responsible for and control the time periods for which you retain this data. However, except when we believe we are required to retain your personal information by law, beginning on June 02, 2022, we will only retain your personal information for two years after we become aware that you have ceased using the Service. We may not know if you have stopped using the Service so we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com if you are no longer using the Service. We may retain other information that is not personally identifiable for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
You may access, change or delete personal information that you have provided or that we hold about you. If we change or delete your personal information or if you decline to actively share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide to you the Service or some of the features and functionality of the Service.
In addition, you may request that we not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks related to the Service on our behalf).
You may withdraw consent to certain data sharing or usage or exercise any of these rights above by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
If you are a user of the Service in the European Union or certain other countries, you have certain additional legal rights with regard to your information, including those identified below. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
- The right to object to profiling;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Data portability rights.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/ justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
dCalls does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults, although they may be used by children. If you are under 18, you may use the dcalls.org website and service only with the permission and involvement of a parent or guardian.
dCalls limits internal access to your personal information to employees who we reasonably believe require this information in order to do their jobs or to provide products and services to you. We use industry standard measures to help protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.